请求翻译 请不要机器翻译
当作学习吧,我试试^O^
Have you ever considered all the English expressions that include words about clothes?
你是否发现过,在众多英语表达中,包含了很多跟衣物有关的说法呢?
Let’s see if I can name a few off the cuff, or without any preparation.
让我们来看看我能不能在毫无准备的情况下即兴说出一些常见的、无须准备就可说出的话来。
People wear pants to cover the lower part of their bodies.
人们在婚姻中总认为伴侣不如自己,而希望让自己处于支配地位。
We sometimes say that people who are restless or nervous have ants in their
pants.
我们有时候总说那些焦虑不安、烦躁紧张的人是热锅上的蚂蚁。
They might also fly by the seat of their pants.
人们有时候总是自寻烦恼。
They use their natural sense to do something instead of their learned
knowledge.
人们通常以自身直觉代替学到的知识来作出行动。
Sometimes, people may get caught with their pants down.
有时候,人常常在忙得不可开交的时候雪上加霜的遇到一些烦恼事。
They are found doing something they should not be doing.
他们常被发现作一些自己不该作的事情。
And, in every family, one person takes control.
还有,在每个家庭中,通常只有一个人处于支配地位。
Sometimes a wife tells her husband what to do.
有时候妻子会告诉他的丈夫该作什么。
Then we say she wears the pants in the family.
那种时候我们就会说这位妻子掌握了这个家庭的发言权了。
Pants usually have pockets to hold things.
裤子通常都有用来放东西的口袋。
Money that is likely to be spent quickly can burn a hole in your pocket.
钱花得很快的时候就仿佛你的口袋被火烧穿了,变成了无底洞。
Sometimes you need a belt to hold up your pants.
有时候你需要一条皮带来栓住你的裤子。
If you have less money than usual, you may have to tighten your belt.
如果你手头很紧,那你就要勒紧裤腰带节衣缩食啦。
You may have to live on less money and spend your money carefully.
你可能就得依靠很少的钱生活,从而精打细算的花了。
But once you have succeeded in budgeting your money, you will have that
skill under your belt.
不过如果你一旦成功的对你的钱作好了预算并按照预算实施花消,你就会变得很有料了。(汗……这句没感觉,蒙的……)
I always praise people who can save their money and not spend too much.
我总是很赞赏那些节约钱财并且从不胡乱花消的人。
I really take my hat off to them.
我真的想向他们脱帽致敬。
Yet, when it comes to my own money, I spend it at the drop of a hat ?immediately, without waiting.
当然啦,当花我自己的钱的时候,我总是毫不犹豫就花个精光光呢
And sadly, you cannot pull money out of a hat.
更让人难过的是,你不能变魔法一般的凭空变出钱来。
You cannot get money by inventing or imagining it.
你不可能光凭想象和想要的欲望就能拥有金钱。
Boots are a heavy or strong kind of shoes.
靴子是一种比较结实比较重的鞋子。
People who are too big for their boots think they are more important than
they really are.
有些过于自负的人总认为自己了不起。
I dislike such people. I really do.
我不喜欢那种人,真的不喜欢。
You can bet your boots on that.
这种不喜欢坚定到你可以把你的家底压上来打赌呢。
Yet, truly important people are hard to replace.
是啊,真正重要的人是很难被代替的。
Rarely can you fill their shoes or replace them with someone equally
effective.
你几乎不能找到另一个同样的人或者即使几乎同样分量同样努力的人来代替他们都无法令人满足。
My father is an important person.
我爸爸就是个重要的大人物。
He runs a big company.
他经营着一家大公司。
He wears a suit and tie and a shirt with sleeves that cover his arms.
他总穿衬衣配西装打领带,弄得很正式。
Some people who do not know him well think he is too firm and severe.
有些不熟悉他的人会认为他太古板或过于严厉。
They think he is a real stuffed shirt.
他们会叫他老古董。
But I know that my father wears his heart on his sleeve.
但我了解我爸爸,他是个直肠子的人。
He shows his feelings openly.
他总是很直接的表达他的感受。
And, he knows how to keep his shirt on.
而且,他懂得坚持内心的原则。
He stays calm and never gets angry or too excited.
他总是保持冷静并且从不过于愤怒或激动。
Also, my father has never lost his shirt in a business deal.
还有,我爸爸从不曾在任何一个商业活动中丧失他的原则。
He is too smart to lose all or most of his money.
他已经聪明到不可能损失他的金钱了,不管是全部还是大部分。
This is because my father rolls up his sleeves and prepares to work hard.
这是因为我爸爸总是全神贯注全身心的投入于他的工作并且总是随时准备好的。
He often has a special plan or answer to a problem that he can use if he
needs it.
他总准备好了一个特别方案或者是某个问题的答案以备不时之需。
He is like a person who does magic tricks.
他就象个魔术师一样。
We say he has a card up his sleeve.
我们会说他胸有成竹
终于翻译完了……快晕了……